Expedition Himalaya is one of the leading travel operators located at Lazimpat, Kathmandu established in 2011. We expertise in the field of extreme adventure such as Expeditions, Peak Climbing, Trekking, explanatory cultural tours, and many more in Nepal as well as Tibet. It is important to note that we offer trips that are an adventure in nature which requires a degree of flexibility. The outline itineraries published on our website for each trip must be taken as a guideline of what each group should accomplish and not as a contractual obligation on the part of Expedition Himalaya. Expedition Himalaya cannot be held responsible for any delays or changes to the itinerary due to: international or domestic flight delays or cancellations; government regulations; political conditions; strikes; mechanical break-down; border restrictions; sickness; injury; death; natural events eg. Exceptional weather conditions, floods, landslides, etc; or other unforeseeable circumstances. In such cases, Expedition Himalaya shall be responsible for providing suitable alternatives which shall be decided upon mutual agreement. If an agreement cannot be reached, Expedition Himalaya shall be liable for refunding clients outstanding trip costs after deduction of expenses already incurred
Booking a trip/ holiday with Expedition Himalaya requires some terms and conditions that are to be followed by both the parties involved.
We would request you to kindly read the below-given information before continuing with the booking process.
1. The booking of any trip is confirmed once you receive a confirmation invoice or a confirmation email from Expedition Himalaya. In order to confirm the trip with us, you should be making a deposit of USD 300 (USD 1,000 for 8000-meter peak expeditions. Full payment of the trip should be made 6 weeks prior to the trip departure date. If you book a tour with Expedition Himalaya later than two weeks prior to departure, full payment must be made within 7 days of confirmation by us.
2. Payments of any trips to Expedition Himalaya can be made using bank/wire transfer. We shall send you the bank details via email once you have confirmed the trip with us. The payment made directly to the Expedition Himalaya via bank transfer would only be valid. The rest of the payment can be made in various ways such as bank/ wire transfer, via cash, or via credit/ debit card when you arrive in Kathmandu.
Kindly note that while making the payment by credit card, there shall be a 4% surcharge (of Total payable amount) as a Bank charge for any Credit/Debit card transactions. Our bank accepts only visa and master cards.
3. If you cancel your booking prior to departure due to any reason, the following scale of charges will apply:
|DATE OF CANCELLATION||CHARGE INCURRED|
|2 months before departure||loss of deposit (USD 500) – (USD 1000 for 8000m)|
|30 days to 2 months before departure||20% of the total trip cost|
|15 to 29 days before departure||50% of the total trip cost|
|Less than 15 days before departure||80% of the total trip cost|
|Less than 10 days before departure||100% of the total trip cost|
4. Expedition Himalaya shall not be liable for any refund to clients who, for whatever reason, choose not to complete a trip. In such an event, the client will have to meet all accommodation and any other additional costs incurred as a result of his/her decision to leave the trip early. No refunds will be given for unused services in the event of changes made to the itinerary because of exceptional weather, flight cancellations, sickness, or other unforeseeable circumstances.
5. The tour will not be canceled unless we are forced to do so because of unusual or unforeseeable circumstances (force majeure), such as a major natural disaster, major political unrest, or war.
If we cancel the tour we will refund all payments made to us, ie including the deposit. We shall not be liable to refund any additional expenses that you may have incurred (such as insurance, visas, vaccinations, bank charges, and other incidental costs).
6. Before joining the tour we recommend that clients take out travel insurance. Since the trip that we offer is adventure-based, we advise all the traveler to take the medical insurance to protect against any unforeseen circumstances. The insurance should cover adequate coverage for baggage, medical expenses, cancellation, helicopter evacuation, and emergency repatriation. If you do not have travel insurance, you must have a credit card with at least a USD 5,000 limit.
7. On an active group holiday it is necessary that you abide by the authority of the leader, who represents the company. If you commit any illegal act when on the holiday or if in the reasonable opinion of the leader your behavior is disruptive, threatening or abusive or is causing or likely to cause danger, distress, or annoyance to others we may terminate your travel arrangements without any liability on our part.
8. Should you have a complaint regarding our tour leader or you are not satisfied with the response, please notify us in writing within 15 days of completion of the tour. We shall try to agree on a settlement. This process shall be governed by the laws of Nepal.
9. Our itinerary is an indication of what the group should accomplish, but note contractual obligation changes may be made because of exceptional weather, flight cancelation, or other unforeseeable circumstance. No refund is given for unused service.
10. When you make your booking its implied and accepted that you have read and understood all these booking conditions and agree to abide by them.